Monday, October 21, 2013

Trip to the Island!

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was the first full week I've had with Elder Falk.  It has been good.  Yes Mom,  I'm very happy, and yes the sister missionaries definitely like it here because they got our two best investigators!  And we did another turnover with them from a lady we just found recently.   Anyway when Elder Falk came into the area he told me that among mission areas Butterfly (Wuh Dihp) is one of the hardest, if not the hardest, areas in Hong Kong.  No area in Hong Kong is easy, but apparently it's super hard here.  That's fine by me, I've never experienced anything different.  The rest of my mission will be a piece of cake compared to Butterfly :)

We had general conference last week and yesterday we had stake conference, Elder Falk hasn't been to our ward's regular sacrament meeting yet.  Oh well, he will get a chance next week!  

Today we went to Hong Kong island for P Day.  The island is much different from my area.  This is the first time I've been to the island on my mission, it's crazy.  I feel like everyone speaks English on the island. That's just an exaggeration but definitely more here than in the New Territories. 

Our Stake President in the New Territories is named President Chan.  I met his son in the MTC, so when I talked to him we got a picture together.  He is such an awesome guy.  

This week we went out finding a bit.  We met a guy named A-Tai.  He doesn't believe in God, he believes in himself.  Usually believing in yourself has a positive connotation, but when we hear it as missionaries it just means they're atheist.  But we met him on two different occasions, and he still wouldn't give us his number. It's okay, we told him if we run into him a third time he has to meet with us because it's definitely divine providence.  They just don't think they need us, but it's ironic because they probably need it more.  But despite failures, we continue on.  Any missionary effort is not really a failure :)

Happy Birthday Mom!  you are getting so old!  Just kidding.  Love ya!

Love, 
Elder Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment