Tuesday, October 28, 2014

...all will be alright under His guidance.

Dear Friends and Family,

It turns out I am not moving!  It was pleasant news.  I love the area we are in a lot.  I also love these investigators a ton.  I'm hoping I will get to see the baptisms of a few of these people before the next transfers.  The next move date is December 18th, so I'm hoping Pok Fu Lam will have a couple more baptisms. :)

By the end of this move I will have been in Pok Fu Lam for 10 months.  Elder Groberg and I will have been together for 8 months.  I think keeping a companionship together that long is a record for our mission!  They said the reason for keeping us here is because we are doing such good work, that they figured why move us?  Hopefully Pok Fu Lam area is not destroyed by the end of this move. hehe just kidding.  

Missionaries make mistakes just like the rest of the world, and I am no exception.  I believe that God allows us to make these mistakes so that He can help us learn and correct our paths for the future.  I don't think we need to feel that everything will fall apart because of our mistakes. But rather we should feel that God has already planned for the fact that we'd make mistakes, and all will be alright under His guidance.  Perfection will not come in this life for us.  We should not expect things that are unreasonable, but we should demand of ourselves improvement. I love you all.  

Love,
Elder Phillips


No comments:

Post a Comment