Tuesday, September 23, 2014

...the love of Jesus Christ brings freedom.



pictures of Chan Kam Yan's Baptism.

Also Sister Chan's son (Sung Ho) was baptized.  

a picture at the Sport's Day event where I ran into a member from my old "Butterfly" ward.  

Dear Friends and Family,

It has been a pretty good time in Pok Fu Lam lately.  This coming Sunday, we have a scheduled baptism, so next Monday I will let you know if it all works out!  His name is Jason and he is a very good kid.  He is 15.  

September has passed by too quickly.  A week back, Sister Chan's son got baptized.  His name is Sung Ho Wing.  He has always been a pretty loud and sometimes naughty kid, but he has changed a great deal.  I remember riding on the bus with him awhile back. We passed by a graveyard and he said: "We don't worship our graves, because we worship Jesus Christ."  I thought that was pretty awesome.  On another occasion, we were at a Sport's activity and he came up to me and said:  Jesus Came today!  I looked up at this cloud that had rays of light beaming out of it, and I knew what he meant.  I thought it was really sweet, to see such a strong belief. Even though he is only 8 years old, the gospel really has changed him for the better.

I think I've found one of my purposes in my mission and for the rest of my life.  That purpose is to be a voice of compassion to the poor in heart.  The world is full of harsh, cruel, and disturbing sounds and voices.  I think I was meant to be a voice of mildness and love, speaking things that are pleasing to God.  I know that it is not my love that will free these people, but it is the love of Jesus Christ that will free them.   "Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy."  

No comments:

Post a Comment