Tuesday, July 15, 2014

China Hong Kong Mission is 65 years old!

Dear Friends and Family,

This past week we have been doing well.  This past Friday we
celebrated the anniversary of opening the China Hong Kong Mission.  This year is the 65th year anniversary.  The original plan was to go to the "Peak" because that is where the dedicatory prayers were offered, but because the government would not comply we ended up holding the meeting in the Wan Chai building.  It was still a great event!

The deaf work is still progressing well.  We met a new guy this week named Mr.Wing.  He knows ASL.  He is a super smart guy. We are meeting him again this Wednesday.

I had been feeling stressed, then I realized something that I've forgotten.  I was worrying about our investigators one day and I had the thought come to my head (which is a scripture) John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them..." I've realized the Lord is in control of it.  Nobody cares more about them than him. So if the Lord is at the head, what is there to fear? 

Today we are going on a hike so that should be fun.  I am looking forward to August, that is when mission President Hawks is good with us learning Chinese characters. It's going to be fun. Anyway Love you all!

Love you all,
Elder Phillips



No comments:

Post a Comment