Friday, January 24, 2014

Missionary work in Butterfly :) Update on the last two weeks.

Dear Friends and Family,

I have had a great week.  Things are as normal in Butterfly area. The biggest change is our new ward mission correlator.  He is a boss.  He is so anxious to do missionary work, so I think he will be able to help us a lot. 

Yesterday at church, one of our investigator came up to us and said he decided to be baptized.  He was very certain.  But later that day he went out to lunch with his younger brother and he called us afterwards saying he doesn't want to change his life right now so he can't get baptized.  It was a bummer, it can be a struggle for sure sometimes.

Today we are going to "Big Buddha" for P-day.  It should be great!  I will send pictures next week!

Mom, Thanks for the picture of my new nephew Levi... I had no idea it would be so fast!  Whose baby is it? I know that they were all pregnant at the same time so I'm really not sure.  He looks so cute!
Please let me know which of my siblings are Levi's parents:)  Love you!

Elder Phillips

Dear Friends and Family,

This week has been a long one!  Our P-day was not until Thursday so I didn't write this past Monday.  I will write again this coming Monday, also.

This past week we went on exchanges.  I went with Elder Passey and Elder Falk went with Elder Siebach. All four of us live in the same apartment so it makes exchanges pretty easy.  The exchanges were great.  You can learn a lot just by watching another missionary.
I got sick this past week.  Mom, when you read this you don't need to freak out.  I was in a pretty pitiful state on Sunday night but now I feel pretty well recovered.  I lost my voice for two days so Missionary Work was pretty interesting.  It was still great, though.
Here is an interesting story from this past week.  Elder Falk and I decided to go finding for 20 minutes because we had an awkward hour between our appointments.  We ran into a lady named Joyce. She told us she had prayed all that morning that she would walk along this park path and see or hear an answer from God as to which church is true.  She talked to us and told us this, but she also said that the timing was wrong.  She said it wasn't supposed to be a "person" to convince us.  Then she walked off.

Afterwards Elder Falk asked me: "What just happened?"  I said: "She prayed all day for an answer, and she denied it when it came."  I still consider this encounter God's appointment.   I know now, that God brings about the miracles that are necessary to happen, first.   It was necessary that we told this woman that this is the church of God.  She will remember that.  It is all worth it.  

Elder Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment