Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 2 at MTC!

Week 2

I am in the middle of week two here at the MTC.  Time is starting to fly.  We get to exercise every day to work off all that fat we gain from the cafeteria so it is wonderful!  I play soccer most days with a couple of my companions.  Missionaries get pretty competitive sometimes I don't even want to play!  All that built up testosterone from sitting in class all day will do the trick.  We get to go to the temple every Monday and I just went today so there are definitely perks to being at the MTC. 
A big realization I've had here is that I'm no different than any investigator.  People might think missionaries are all spiritual giants all the time, but for me I know that's not the case.  I've had the biggest questions about my faith since I've been out here.  I've also had the greatest answers to prayers.  So it goes both ways.  But I know I cannot hope to convert anybody.  What I can do is pretty pathetic.  But God can change hearts.  I've seen that here now more than ever because he's changed mine.  I always thought I had a great testimony of the gospel before I came out here, but it has now grown in ways I never thought of. 
So last night we watched the movie: The Testaments.  For those who don't know it's a church movie and it has a great message: but let me just say the actors did not win any Oscars for their performance.  But the funny part was that as movie-deprived missionaries this film had us on an emotional roller coaster.  Everybody laughs at the goofy romantic parts (short kissing scenes) but we only laugh to disguise the fact that we all just died inside a little bit. 
So here's my thought for the week it is from Romans 8 like last week but it is so awesome. 
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come.  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 8:38-39
Love,
Bei Jeung Louh
Elder Phillips


With my first mission companion Elder Halvorsen from Washington!


No comments:

Post a Comment