Monday, February 2, 2015

Prayer and faith goes a long way.



Jan.18th
Dear Friends and Family,

It has been a long time since I've written an update!  It has certainly been a great time in Yuen Long so far.  We have a few deaf potential investigators which is super exciting.  Mostly they were found by other missionaries who then turned them over to us.  We are very blessed.  

Here is one awesome story about one of those turn overs.  Elder Hafen (my old friend from Hong Kong island zone) called us and said they found some deaf people that wanted to meet.  Elder Hafen is a Mandarin missionary.  Back when we found Roger (an awesome guy from Mainland) the Mandarins always came to our church building to teach him.  Because of that Elder Hafen got to learn sign language a bit because he always saw our deaf investigators at the church.  Anyway, now he is serving in another part of Hong Kong and always seems to run into deaf people.  So Elder Tung and I went out to his area to meet these deaf people.  We met them at the Metro stop in Sha Tin, and then went to a nearby Mcdonalds.  We ate and talked.  Then we started talking about the Book of Mormon.  it was a simple lesson, but I went away from there feeling so good.  In that lesson I think my sign language was the best it has ever been.  There was definitely divine help.  It was so humbling and amazing to really communicate with such good people.  We will meet them again later. The story might sound plain, or simple, but I came out of that McDonalds feeling as good as I've ever felt in my life.  

Love,
Elder Phillips

Jan. 25th
The week was sweet.  We met a bunch of new deaf people. It's been amazing to see all the miracles that have happened. When I came here I just kept praying that something would actually happen with deaf work, and it has!  Prayer and faith goes a long way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment