Monday, December 1, 2014

The worth of our souls is great in God's eyes.

Engraved in this rock is the date that a group of Saints dedicated the land of Hong Kong!  That was all the way back in 1949!  Pretty sweet huh?


Dear Friends and Family,

Thanksgiving was very cool.  We brought ice cream for our zone because we were too lazy to make anything!  But the ice cream was very well appreciated.  It was really nice to have a thanksgiving meal and be with friends.  I saw some old friends including one missionary I met way back when I was in Butterfly.  She started her mission about the same time I did, but she will be finishing this month.  It was very shocking to me because I realized that I'm getting old.  

Another interesting event this past week was a wedding reception at our chapel.  We didn't really intend on going at first, but we found out two potential investigators would be intending.  One of them is the little brother of the bride.  I talked to him on the phone a week or so ago.  He is awesome and really wants to meet, so we figured it was a good time to meet him face to face. Anyway, we came for the tail end of the wedding.  There were a ton of people from Africa there because the groom is African.  He does not speak Chinese but his wife and him speak English to each other.  It was super cool because a lot of the Africans came up on the stage and played this awesome song.  

Among all the fun of this week, we got a lot of work done.  Grace is doing well.  She will be getting baptized this coming Sunday.  

I would not dare classify all deaf people into one category, but I have seen a trend among many deaf people.  They are just humble people.  They speak simpler.  They act like real people.  I would say in general that they are not as fake as others can be sometimes. That's why I like them so much.  It was funny.  President Hawks came to visit Pok Fu Lam Ward this past Sunday and Sister Chan kept telling him not to move Elder Groberg and I!  Seeing that I really mattered in the eyes of my friends makes me feel grateful to God.  The worth of our souls is great in God's eyes.  I want to see people that way.  

Though I never give a full account of what is happening here, I hope you can all have an idea of just how great these things are. They are not always fun or easy, but they are great.  I love you all.

Love,
Elder Phillips





View from the mountain hike we took.

No comments:

Post a Comment