Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Jeffery R. Holland met with the Missionaries in Hong Kong!


Dear Friends and Family,

Here is a very quick email.  I am sorry that it is so short! 

I just want to tell you that Jeffrey R. Holland came to Hong Kong and talked specifically to the missionaries this past Wednesday.  It was a harrowing experience to say the least. hehehe.  If you think he is intense in General Conference, you should see him in front of missionaries!  Don't think I'm complaining.  I love it.  He treats us as an army.  He motivates us as if we were soldiers and he was our Commander.  We are God's army, after all. He is not afraid to point out mistakes. 

For those who don't know who Jeffrey R. Holland is, he is an apostle of God.  Similar to Peter, James, and John in the Bible.  He was called of God to be a special witness of Jesus Christ.  I know the things he said were true.  Something he said was that our job as missionaries is extremely important.  He could not stress enough how important this work is.  He said if this church has one image to sum up everything it stands for, it would be two 19 year old missionaries.  Everybody recognizes us, and we are representatives of Jesus Christ, who leads this church. 

He focused a lot on revelation.  In missionary work, we must be guided by God.  If not, it is all in vain (before I left on my mission JP gave me this avice also) The only way we will bring about miracles is through the power of God.  Our efforts do not measure up.  It is really a comforting thing to know that this is God's work, because if not then the entire church would be putting all of its chips into a bunch of 18 and 19 year old kids.  But because God is with us, we have no reason to fear.  So that's all I have to say today!  Sorry I was a little rushed.

Love,
Elder Phillips


No comments:

Post a Comment